A chemical peel is a powerful skin-resurfacing procedure in which a solution is applied to the skin to peel away and exfoliate damaged cells—revealing smoother, more radiant skin underneath. Chemical peels are among the most effective nonsurgical treatments for addressing anti-aging concerns and common skin conditions. Chemical peels are an easy, non-invasive option for skin rejuvenation.
While there is visible improvement in your skin after one peel, best results are obtained with multiple treatments over time. We offer two types of chemical peels at Complexions Vancouver MedSpa: superficial peels and medium peels.
We proudly offer peels from PCA Skin, the VI Peel from Vitality Institute, and the PRX Derm Perfection peel (formerly PRX-T33).
Types of chemical peels
Superficial peels, also known as light peels or lunchtime peels, are great for exfoliating the outermost layer of the epidermis, removing dead and damaged skin cells and refreshing the look of it. These peels are ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Medium-depth peels penetrate more deeply into the dermis layer. This can help improve the look and feel of your skin, treating wrinkles, shrinking enlarged pores, reversing signs of aging, skin pigmentation, and sun damage. These peels are also successful at improving acne scars and breakouts.
The VI peel is the #1 chemical peel for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, nurses, and estheticians worldwide. This effective treatment only available through authorized clinicians.
PRX Derm Perfexion, the “No-Peel” Chemical Peel Skin Tightening Treatment
PRX Derm Perfexion is an innovative treatment that offers the same skin revitalization possible with chemical peels, but allows patients to skip over the peeling part. Instead, PRX Derm Perfexion delivers tighter, smoother, healthier-looking skin without the same level of irritation or inflammation.
No treatment is right for every patient, but PRX Derm Perfexion is beneficial for just about any issue related to the skin’s health and appearance. This no-peel, also called a reverse peel, treatment offers brighter, tighter, hydrated skin.
Some of the many benefits of PRX Derm Perfexion treatment include:
- Combining trichloroacetic acid (TCA), kojic acid, and hydrogen peroxide for maximum effect with minimal discomfort
- Safe and effective for all skin tones, types, and textures
- Can be used to specifically target a wide variety of skin health concerns and cosmetic flaws from laxity, scars, and wrinkles to uneven skin tone and textures
- May be effectively applied to almost any area of the face and body
- Improves the appearance of skin immediately and stimulates the skin’s natural healing processes for long-term regenerative results
- Men and women of all ages can receive PRX Derm Perfexion treatment safely
What to Expect During a Chemical Peel:
1. We will gently cleanse your face with PCA facial wash to remove any traces of makeup, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc. We will then use a PCA toner to prepare your skin for the treatment. Your advanced aesthetician will begin by applying the peel over your skin. After three passes over the skin, the peel will have been successfully applied.
2. Hydrating serum will be applied to the treated area to help the skin recover. You will be given a series of instructions on how to care for your skin over the coming week. Following the aftercare instructions will be important to ensure effectiveness of the peel.
3. Your skin will potentially peel over the following 3 to 5 days. It is important to avoid picking at possible flaky skin. We will offer you a complimentary post-care kit for 3-5 days to ensure you have everything to care for your skin after your treatment. You will want to avoid direct sunlight for 1–2 weeks and avoid letting your skin becoming too warm such as in hot showers, steam rooms, saunas, or excessive exercise.
7639 MacArthur Blvd. Vancouver, WA 98664
Located in the Dairy Queen Plaza
For Email Offers and Updates
Monday – Friday: 10am – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 5pm